top of page

Group

Public·40 members
Easton Bell
Easton Bell

[S2E5] Weird Science WORK

Meanwhile, Spinner is having boners on random occasions and is convinced it's a side effect of Emma's science project (since he's one of her studies to see if healthy food helps a person's school work) and starts eating fruits more often because he's getting more attention from females. But once everyone in his class sees that Spinner has an erection, Spinner runs out of the classroom embarrassed and vows to never eat fruit again - that is, until Jimmy asks the cafeteria lady if fruits are the causes for these "unexpected visits" but she says that it's simply hormones, not the fruit.

[S2E5] Weird Science

Download: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Furlcod.com%2F2udqZU&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw1Edogmqqwl3FzRXZAyPfoX

Emma is working on her science project about how eating healthy food in the morning makes a good day at school. Her tests are going well except for J.T. and Spinner's results. While in the gym Manny makes a comment that chocolate tastes happy. It gives Emma an idea. It saves her project and Emma wins the trophy. Liberty is mad and is trying to find a way to get back at her. When Manny accidentally sends an e-mail, about Emma's mom dating Mr. Simpson, to the whole media arts club, Liberty seizes her chance. She tells Emma the only reason why she won was because she was favored. Emma later confronts Mr. Simpson and he says he wasn't favoring her and that the other judges agreed with him about the project. At the end, the two are getting along.

This is an excellent episode of Raised by Wolves, and the pieces are in place to go bigger and weirder with the rest of the season. The performances are on-point, the writing is solid, the scares are well executed, characters make their philosophical leanings clear, and Kepler-22b is littered with new threats and possibilities. Raised by Wolves is great science fiction, great horror, and an intelligent dive into some big questions, and this episode finds all of its greatest hits.

The new series kicks off as Kathriona looks into the science of food, Jonathan finds out how hybrid cars can help us understand the process of inflammation, and Aoibhinn meets researchers in LIT whose next research project is headed to the International Space Station!

The White Lotus Misery Index is a weekly accounting of who and/or what is having the worst time in paradise in season two of the HBO series. The rankings are based on a number of factors, none of which can or will be quantified in any way. We are doing art here, not science.

Ragnar (Travis Fimmel) comes in, probably expecting something much worse, is nonetheless so over the pleasantries. He was also probably slightly weirded out by Lagertha holding his recently newborn and not giving him an evil eye.

Two intrepid explorers from The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) visited an extraordinary place last summer to perform experiments for a research team participating in a docu-series called \u201cThe Secret of Skinwalker Ranch.\u201d\r\n","content":"\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n(L to R) Dr. Travis Taylor and Dr. Matt Turner prepare to launch an instrument payload to measure electromagnetic anomalies supported by Skinwalker team members.\r\n\r\nImages courtesy of Prometheus Entertainment\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nTwo intrepid explorers from The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH), Matt Turner, who holds a doctorate in Mechanical Engineering, and Aerospace Engineering graduate Kaitlin Russell, visited an extraordinary place last summer to perform experiments for a research team participating in a docu-series called \u201cThe Secret of Skinwalker Ranch.\u201d\r\nThe name of the place alone conjures up creepy thrills for dedicated fans of the paranormal. Situated in northeastern Utah, this 512-acre parcel of picturesque desolation is famed as a hotspot for everything from poltergeist phenomena and crop circles, to UFO sightings, dangerous electromagnetic forces, dancing fireballs, and cattle mutilations. If that\u2019s not enough, the ranch is also said to be cursed by an ancient Navaho spell that summons terrifying werewolf-like shapeshifters called \u2018Skinwalkers\u2019 to menace interlopers.\r\nFeaturing UAH PhD Aerospace Engineer and Astrophysicist and TV veteran, Dr. Travis Taylor, the program is produced by Prometheus Entertainment and airs on the History Channel Tuesday evenings at 9p.m. (CST).\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nUAH scientist (L to R) Dr. Travis Taylor and Skinwalker team member Dr. Jim Segala work with UAH\u2019s Dr. Matt Turner to secure an experimental package for launch.\r\n\r\nImages courtesy of Prometheus Entertainment\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\u201cThe billionaire Brandon Fugal has been investigating the ranch since he bought it in 2016,\u201d Dr. Taylor says. \u201cHis first three years was a plan of observation only. When he decided to move to the next phase, he asked the History Channel what that should be. History asked Prometheus, who produces The Curse of Oak Island, Ancient Aliens, The UnXplained, The Tesla Files, and others, for History to talk with Mr. Fugal about next steps. Prometheus knew me from those other efforts and had me come meet with Mr. Fugal and the team. They were very intrigued by the ideas I brought to them (although maybe nervous in becoming active with the ranch rather than just observing), and in the end they asked me to come in and lead a new phase of research.\u201d\r\nGiven his UAH background, it was natural for Dr. Taylor to look to homegrown expertise for help when it came to investigating Skinwalker Ranch.\r\nDr. Turner and Russell both support the STEM Projects Advancing Research & Collaboration (SPARC) Lab division of the Systems Management and Production Center (SMAP). As a Principal Research Engineer, Dr. Turner focuses on supporting contracts for the Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC) and NASA, while Russell is a Research Associate who works primarily with the CubeSat (U-class spacecraft) miniaturized satellite program.\r\n\u201c[Matt] and I had graduate classes in AE together,\u201d Dr. Taylor says. \u201cFunny, he was also on my second PhD committee. I trust Matt's work and pretty much daily work with him on other space program experiments.\u201d\r\nWhen a complementary set of measurements were required, it was again an easy choice for Dr. Taylor to tap the wealth of talent available at his alma mater.\r\n\u201cKaitlin is an employee of SMAP that works on my space efforts also,\u201d he says. \u201cI have seen her work for a couple years now and am impressed with her enthusiasm and academic rigor.\u201d\r\nThe particular expertise Dr. Turner brings to the show is in ballooning, while Russell brings a wealth of experience in amateur rocketry. To avoid audience spoilers, the precise details of their stays on the ranch are a closely guarded secret protected by a non-disclosure agreement. In general, they involved measuring the bizarre electromagnetic anomalies that plague the property.\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n(L to R) Dr. Travis Taylor, Dr. Jim Segala, and Dr. Matt Turner prepare a balloon to launch an experiment at Skinwalker Ranch.\r\n\r\nImages courtesy of Prometheus Entertainment\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\u201cI\u2019ve known Travis for 20 years,\u201d Dr. Turner says. \u201cWe had grad school classes together at UAH. He wanted to do some testing out there that he couldn't do by himself. That\u2019s how it evolved. I've never launched a rocket; they don\u2019t trust me with propellants,\u201d he says, laughing. \u201cThat\u2019s Kaitlin\u2019s thing. But I've launched a couple hundred balloons. That\u2019s what I did. And then Kaitlin came after me and launched her rockets.\u201d\r\n\u201cI asked a room full of undergrad and grad students if they'd be interested in designing and building rockets for some experiments,\u201d Dr. Taylor adds. \u201cAnd Kaitlin is the one that took the initiative and did it. And she did a great job!\u201d\r\n\u201cWhile I was a student at UAH I got into rocketry,\u201d Russell says. \u201cNot just the smaller kit rockets, but the ones you take out for certification. We did small model rocket type things [on the ranch], but they were heavily modified. I didn\u2019t provide the instrument part, I just provided the ride.\u201d\r\nDr. Taylor knew from personal experience that his two colleagues would be walking into a truly unique setting that could present serious challenges to the investigators, including potentially perilous conditions.\r\n\u201cI was excited to offer them an opportunity to get to see the very guarded location and what might be experienced there,\u201d he says. \u201cI was also a bit apprehensive and nervous, as the place can be quite dangerous. I warned them as best I could, but until you are there and exposed to the place, you truly don't take the warnings serious. I didn\u2019t. Believe me, I do now!\u201d\r\nBoth of the new investigators did their best to prepare for operating in a place with such a foreboding reputation. \u201cI started doing some research,\u201d Dr. Turner says. \u201cAnd then actually made a conscious decision to stop, because I wanted to make a measurement without any kind of preconceived notion about the results. I was expecting this very medieval type thing,\u201d he goes on, making a spooky Twilight Zone noise and chuckling. \u201cAnd when I got out there, they had trailers for television crews and stuff \u2013 it was very \u2018business.\u2019 I mean, it was a ranch, so there were dirt and animals, but it was not as mystical as I anticipated.\u201d\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nSkinwalker Ranch team members (L to R) Bryant Arnold, Erik Bard, and Thomas Winterton watch UAH investigators (L to R) Kaitlin Russell and Dr. Travis Taylor prepare a rocket for launch.\r\n\r\nImages courtesy of Prometheus Entertainment\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nRussell agrees. \u201cI expected it to be creepier. I had never been in that area of the country. I was just taking in the sights, saying, oh, that's cool, I want to go walk on the mesa! I'd never done anything like this before, and the whole TV crew thing was very new to me.\u201d\r\nFor the TV novices, filming proved challenging, with a tightly packed schedule of activities. Though, like the underwater portion of an iceberg, most of the footage will never be seen.\r\n\u201cMy first day alone we were outside doing stuff for a good 10 hours,\u201d Dr. Turner says. \u201cIt was probably like two-and-a-half total days of filming. They got hours and hours of footage that I'm sure they didn't use. There were multiple cameras working the whole time. It was all unique and kind of surreal.\u201d\r\nBoth investigators had to adapt on the fly when adjustments were needed in a hurry.\r\n\u201cThe stuff I did dovetails into stuff Kaitlin did,\u201d Dr. Turner says. \u201cWhat Kaitlin did is much more complex. She needed more time to prepare, and there was more hardware as well.\u201d\r\n\u201cNot being able to know certain things until I was out there was kind of stressful,\u201d Russell says. \u201cThere were a lot of on-the-field modifications before they got launched.\u201d\r\nDiscussing what it was like to be on camera while trying to do the science, she grins, saying, \u201cI\u2019m still stressed! What is it going to look like? What are they going to put in there?\u201d\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nSkinwalker Ranch team members (L to R) Thomas Winterton, Bryant Arnold, Dr. Travis Taylor, and Erik Bard watch as UAH Aerospace Engineering graduate Kaitlin Russell launches a rocket to measure electromagnetic anomalies.\r\n\r\nImages courtesy of Prometheus Entertainment\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nDr. Turner had his own qualms about being under the constant watchful eye of the TV lens.\r\n\u201cAbsolutely! It was very intimidating and nerve wracking,\u201d he says. \u201cThere were several times where they would say, let's do this or measure that, or let's change this to do this. And you're like, okay, I\u2019ve got to change everything about this payload now, and we're out here in the middle of nowhere. Having 50 people looking at you with cameras the whole time and knowing this is costing money while you\u2019re doing it is just asking you to sweat.\u201d\r\nDr. Taylor offers a more seasoned perspective. \u201cI am used to the cameras now, as I've done this type of experiment for years,\u201d he explains. \u201cBut it does put a bit of pressure on you to be successful!\u201d\r\nBoth of the newcomers appreciated having a friend who is also a TV veteran on the scene to lean on and enthusiastically power them over any bumps in the road.\r\n\u201cIt was very high-energy,\u201d Kaitlin says with a smile. \u201c\u2018Let\u2019s get this data,\u2019 \u2018let\u2019s look at the data,\u2019 \u2018this doesn\u2019t look right,\u2019 that sort of thing.\u201d\r\n\u201cIt\u2019s always a crazy ride with Travis,\u201d Dr. Turner adds. \u201cWe\u2019ve worked with him professionally at UAH for years. He\u2019s data driven, which is why you\u2019ve got to be on your toes. If something anomalous happens, you\u2019ve got to say, let\u2019s figure this out, and you\u2019ve got to be able to change gears on the fly. Which is good, and I\u2019m sure it\u2019s great TV, because Travis is very inquisitive. But sometimes you\u2019re like, ah! I don\u2019t have all my stuff! I\u2019m not ready to take that measurement!\u201d he says, laughing. \u201cSo it\u2019s always that kind of a ride.\u201d\r\nDr. Taylor says he has learned to value the process when it comes to experimenting.\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nSkinwalker Ranch team member (L to R) Bryant Arnold, UAH investigators Kaitlin Russell and Dr. Travis Taylor, Dr. Jim Segala, Erik Bard, and Thomas Winterton prepare an experimental payload prior to launch.\r\n\r\nImages courtesy of Prometheus Entertainment\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\u201cI like having the cameras around from a scientist standpoint, in that it helps me document every little thing we do,\u201d he explains. \u201cEven with all the cameras, every now and then we do something that gets missed, and I can't figure out how to reproduce it.\u201d\r\nOne of the most exciting aspects of a docu-series is depicting how the cast deals with challenging setbacks, adding drama and fun for the viewer. \u201cBut from an engineer\u2019s perspective, I like things to be just boring and predictable and for everything to work out,\u201d Dr. Turner says. \u201cThat's not always the case, especially when you\u2019re in the field. I had several things that went wrong, and I\u2019m curious how they are going to show that. Ultimately we made some good measurements.\u201d\r\nAsked if he sensed anything otherworldly at work, he says, \u201cI had something occur with a sensor that has never happened before or since. So that was strange, and has yet to be explained. I\u2019m an engineer: if I can't measure it, if I can't see it, then prove it to me. But something happened out there that\u2019s never happened before.\u201d\r\nRussell hints her visit produced chilling surprises as well. \u201cWe had like two things happen,\u201d she says. \u201cOne of them happened multiple times. But yeah, there was some weird stuff, and I can't explain it.\u201d\r\nDr. Taylor has seen enough of these mishaps and oddities to convince him something truly uncanny, whether curses or cosmic forces, is afoot on the property.\r\n\u201cIn some cases, it was because the ranch affected the camera equipment and caused them to fail,\u201d he says. \u201cI know that's hard to believe, but it happens all the time out there for no reason we've been able to find yet. Just ask Matt where that balloon went once it reached a mile high? As far as we can tell, it just disappeared!\u201d\r\n\u201cI wasn\u2019t creeped out,\u201d Dr. Turner says. \u201cSomething happened that bothered me. That\u2019s one of the reasons Kaitlin was out there \u2013 she can make more thorough measurements than I can. Because of all the mishaps and the anomaly that occurred, I\u2019m insanely curious how they are going to put it all together.\u201d\r\nIn describing her brush with the eeriness of Skinwalker Ranch, Russell offers yet another take. \u201cOurs wasn\u2019t reading-based, it was like stuff we visually saw that I couldn't explain,\u201d she says. \u201cI don\u2019t know if one of them was captured on film. It happened really quickly.\u201d\r\nDid the UAH colleagues ever fear for their safety?\r\n\u201cNot any more than being in southern Tennessee or northern Alabama, out in the woods,\u201d Dr. Turner says. \u201cWe had a mishap with a balloon, where we were separated from it, and had to try to cross streams. But I never really thought I was in danger.\u201d\r\nRussell finds that kind of thing exciting. \u201cBut my sense of danger isn\u2019t like\u2026it\u2019s not really regular,\u201d she says, laughing. \u201cI go sky diving. I like scuba diving, caving. I like exploring.\u201d\r\n\u201cShe fires off rockets a lot, so she\u2019s got a high bar,\u201d Dr. Turner says with a smile.\r\nWould either of them ever do it again?\r\n\u201cI\u2019d love to go back,\u201d Dr. Turner says. \u201cIt\u2019s a beautiful area. It was fun, it was hectic. I don't know if I could do it as much as Travis. They work insane hours. But I really like being outdoors.\u201d\r\nRussell agrees. \u201cIt would be neat to go back and see more.\u201d But when it comes to future TV stardom, she has certain stipulations: \u201cI prefer shows like that where it's mostly science-based. I am no actor!\u201d\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nLearn More\r\n\r\nUAH College of Engineering\r\nUAH College of Science\r\nUAH College of Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences\r\nHistory Channel\r\nThe Secret of Skinwalker Ranch\r\nSkinwalker Ranch Paranormal\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nContact\r\nDr. Matt Turner 256.824.4629 matt.turner@uah.edu\r\nKaitlin Russell 256.824.7640 kaitlin.russell@uah.edu\r\nRuss Nelson 256.824.2101 russell.nelson@uah.edu\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n "}];if (!news.length) window.location.replace('//www.uah.edu/news/');return;jQuery('#breadcrumbs').show();jQuery('#news_content').show();$scope.model.news = [];angular.forEach(news, function(value, key) value.contacts = [];var $contact = jQuery('.signatures', value.content);value.thumbnail = jQuery(value.introduction).find('img:first').attr('src');if (!value.content) value.content = value.introduction;value.introduction = jQuery('').append(jQuery('img', value.introduction).remove().end()).html();value.title = value.title.trim();document.title = value.title;jQuery('.breadcrumb li:last-child').text(value.title);$scope.model.article = value;);$scope.news.related.query.match.category = $scope.model.article.category;$http.post('//www.uah.edu/api/search/', $scope.news.related).success(function(news, status) $scope.model.article.related = [];angular.forEach(news, function(value, key) if (value.id != $scope.model.article.id) value.title = value.title.trim();$scope.model.article.related.push(value););$http.post('//www.uah.edu/api/search/', $scope.news.hot).success(function(news, status) $scope.model.article.hot = [];angular.forEach(news, function(value, key) value.title = value.title.trim();$scope.model.article.hot.push(value););$scope.news.also.query.range.published.lt = $scope.model.article.published;$http.post('//www.uah.edu/api/search/', $scope.news.also).success(function(news, status) angular.forEach(news, function(value, key) value.title = value.title.trim();$scope.model.article.also = value;););););};}]);UAH scientists brave curses, spooky anomalies to unravel secrets at Skinwalker RanchMAY 26, 2020 Russ Nelson(L to R) Dr. Travis Taylor and Dr. Matt Turner prepare to launch an instrument payload to measure electromagnetic anomalies supported by Skinwalker team members. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Shelly Bobbit
  • Adhavi Joshi
    Adhavi Joshi
  • Robert Green
    Robert Green
  • Tony Blaze
    Tony Blaze
  • Dani Leigh
    Dani Leigh
bottom of page